Pages

Thursday, August 6, 2015

Lamb's Ear are dead to me

I mean that both literally and figuratively.

I was out there yesterday and it was fine. Today: dead. The ones on either side of it are fine (right now, anyway). That's the second time that's happened.

I think they're gorgeous, but I'm done with walking outside and seeing one dead. I admit I'm a little sad.

Max (Ryan's 6 year old) is going to be so disappointed. He thinks they're all a Lamb's Ear he picked out at a nursery a year ago (which also died). So I'm a bad gardener AND an intentional mislead-er of 6 year olds.

I'll be auditioning silvery/gray replacements. Maybe Artemesia? Maybe Salvia 'Berggarten'? All suggestions welcome.

2 comments:

  1. Mine always get really sad about this time of year, but they come back. Maybe yours will too? Mine are in dappled shade, fyi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think I'm going to try relocating them in the Spring because I do love them. I'm thinking when people write about how Lamb's Ear love sun and are heat/drought tolerant, they mean in the OTHER zone 8b in a parallel universe.

      Delete