Exciting new finds:
- Right rear area gets a lot of shade, not good for Daylilies or Irises
- Gardening design decision: no white, yellow, scarlet or orange-red
- Hand watering only gets harder the more plants you have
- I have a mosquito issue, no idea why
- Did I mention Bearded Iris?
- Bamboo Muhly - big, fluffy, easy
- Agastache - they smell like candy AND they're drought tolerant! What could be better?
- Knockout Roses - cheating but awesome
- Antique roses - just awesome. Why was I afraid of gardening with roses?
- California Poppies - cheerful and beautiful
- Artemesia - totally underestimated plant
Got the boot:
- Butterfly Bush - not sure why, just didn't grab me
- Russian Sage - too sparse
- Leyland Cypress - planted 5 in the Spring, lost all but one by Fall. I kept the one that lived just for a experiment.
- Mexican Mint Marigold - yellow blooms (see above)