Pages

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Embracing the unembraceable

I did it. I dug up all the bicolor iris and replaced them with Yucca. No regrets, except not having done it sooner!


And that's not all. I replaced all the plants in pots with cactus or other low-water plants. The theme is blue plants, and I think it works to make the space feel more cohesive:

Blue Sotol and something pokey and an Artichoke Agave.


Yucca Rostrata 'Sapphire Skies'.

Maybe this is Agave Gypsophila? I don't know why I throw away the tags thinking I'll remember the names.
That's a Bismark Palm, and I love it. It's the only one that couldn't withstand the winter we just had. I've got about 8 months to figure that out, though.

And last but not least, I got me an Agave! This guy with a cactus nursery let us take it home for $55 if Jason dug it out! That would cost $100 or more in a nursery!

Have I completely gone over to the st[d]ark side? No way, but I'm willing to skirt the edges. Really really sharp, stabby edges.

No comments:

Post a Comment