Pages

Thursday, January 22, 2015

I almost forgot to post about this: I conquered the caulk!!

I've been intimidated by caulking since I tried to recaulk the bathtub in my old house 10+ years ago. It was a disaster.

I knew I needed to caulk the gaps between the upper kitchen cabinets and the ceiling. They were there before I painted; a remnant of the popcorn ceiling removal (again, those guys were slackers).

After the cabinets were painted it was even more obvious:


Behold the beauty of my caulking!


I read a lot on Pinterest about how to do it well. The secrets:

  1. Cut the hole as small as you possibly can. I didn't even cut all the way to the 1/8 mark and it was plenty big.
  2. Don't use a wet finger. Wet your finger with water, blot it once on a damp paper towel, and then smooth out the caulk bead. Wipe off excess caulk, wet your finger, and repeat the process.
Yay for me!! (And my kitchen. And Pinterest.)

No comments:

Post a Comment