Pages

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Painting the kitchen cabinets - a breath of fresh air

The doors and drawers aren't back on yet, but this was the status as of Sunday night:


You probably can't quite tell, but I also painted the walls White Dove (flat). That's when I really let out the breath I didn't know I'd been holding since we moved in. The color had been a pinkish beige-ish color, painted to match the ugly tile (of course).

I just go into the kitchen, turn on all the lights, look around and sigh happily, then turn the lights off again and leave. Rinse and repeat.

Then last night Ryan was sweet and installed a light fixture I'd purchased months ago:


It replaces the loathesome nipple fixture (my term for it):


Tomorrow night we will install knobs on drawers and upper doors, and re-hang the upper cabinet doors! Then I prime the lower cabinet doors, and if everything goes as planned (ha!) I'm finished painting by Sunday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment