Pages

Monday, November 7, 2016

Kill all the things

So last week I was cleaning up my yard and discovered this:


In case you need a refresher, that was this in the Spring:


And then it was this:


I haven't posted a lot about this bed, but since the Spring I have lost:

  • 1 Agave 'Green Goblet'
  • 2 Agave striata 'Live Wires'
  • 1 Yucca rostrata 'Sapphire Skies'
It's either bugs or drainage, right? I put down a granular product for bugs (contains Imidacloprid as per all the recommendations), and that's all I can do about that. The only other logical step is to elevate the remaining living things to address likely possible drainage issues. 

So now the bed looks like this:

 
I'll have to get another Yucca to fill in that gap, or maybe a Dasylirion wheeleri? I hope I didn't hurt the Yucca in digging it out.


While I was at it, I divided and elevated the Aloes, so now I have pups in the bed across from it and in the back. Maybe someday that aloe will bloom again somewhere?


New back bed with some transplanted Aloes:


So now I wait to see if the surviving Yucca is on it's way out or not. Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment