Pages

Saturday, January 3, 2015

Painting the kitchen cabinets - it's really happening!

Bottom cabinet boxes: done!

Drawers: done! (I think. Need to make sure the 2nd coat really covered, as my 1st was very light.)

Upper cabinet boxes: 75% done!

Upper cabinet doors: 50% done!




Saturday plan:
  • Finish upper cabinet boxes
  • Paint 1st coat on front side of upper cabinet doors (woohoo!)
  • Paint walls (White Dove also, in Regal flat)
  • Touch up paint on dining area walls
Sunday plan:
  • Paint 2nd coat on front side of upper cabinet doors (woohoo!)
  • Caulk where cabinets meet ceiling
  • Spray paint hardware
I'm still debating what to do about the backsplash. I feel like the dingy white and dated blue are just going to drag my newly refurbished kitchen down. 

I am strongly considering painting the backsplash tiles. That's right, you read that correctly. I'd really rather put up wainscoting/beadboard, but I have neither the time nor the money to do that. I think the Advance paint will stick? I did a test spot on the floor. Hmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment